Monday, July 13, 2015

Sailing Camp 2015

I went to sailing camp this summer!  It was really fun! It was at Spot Pond. I went with my friend Eric. I met a new friend, Tanner. The counselors were very nice. Their names were Josh, Nik, Jess, Carolyn, Cam, and Chris. I learned to tie knots, like the Bowline and Slip Knot. I also learned Boat Positions and how to steer and rig the boat. I also learned how to tack and jibe.

Before we would go sailing, we would play a game, such as Scramble. You would toss a ball in the air, and wait until it bounces three times. Then you could catch the ball. If you throw the ball at somebody, they're out.      
There was also board and card games, such as Uno, Connect 4, Spit, and Mancala.

I also went kayaking. During that, we did a T-rescue. It's when someone falls out of their Kayak, and someone tries to help. The person who did NOT fall out of their boat pulls the other boat beside theirs. Then, the other person climbs into THEIR Kayak. We also played games, like Get the paddle. You played by throwing your paddle into the water, and trying to get it.


On the last day, they let us sail without a counselor!


Summary:

I thought it was fun! The best part was sailing with out a counselor!




No comments: